Thursday, December 13, 2012

An Ode to South America


Early in the morning again.
I do my best writing between the hours of two and four am.
spent my day
Dreaming of drinking rum with honduran dogs;
thirsty for tales of the promiscuous and suckle American dream.
Lounging in the equatorial sun, drifting into the sinkholes of San Salvador.
In my dreams I have a straw hat.
A weightless symbol of true, unadulterated freedom.
I am the personification of care-free.
My train of thought swerves wildly
at the very idea of contemplating the obvious setbacks to come.
My assignment is to crawl into the raunchiest spider holes of corruption, civil vandalism and any form of vulgarity.
And become a creolized gringo; a familiar face in the most hole in the wall cock fighting pits and brothels; guerilla encampments and booze tents.
then report back to the American public, inform them of the  third world bliss.

No comments: